Hi Everyone! I hope you and your families are well and have coped as well as possible through this tricky time.
I’m really pleased to be able to contact all my students and music clients with a provisional plan to reopen my studio for lessons, recordings and filming from the 1st of August.
Over the past few months I have operated completely online via Skype and Zoom and I am very grateful to all of my clients for their support and patience over this really difficult period. I understand that some students will be concerned to return at this time and I will of course continue online sessions long term alongside face to face sessions (I also know that some students have decided to continue online indefinitely simply because they find it more convenient - that’s fine too!).
Please only return if you feel confident and happy to do so. I am very excited to see everyone and to help you achieve the development and recordings which I know have been missed. I’ve certainly missed it!
I’ve set out some general guidance for returning (apologies for the formal layout). Please let me know if you would like to return for sessions here and we can arrange a suitable time. I have tried to keep everyone’s regular times as much as possible, however, in order to help my business to survive over the past few months, I have needed to adjust my timetable in places. Apologies if the timetable changes affect your ‘usual’ space and thank you in advance for your understanding.
Whilst I am extremely eager to get my business back on track, I must put the safety of my family and students before my desire to reopen. As such, there will be a few changes when you choose to return inc but not limited to..
1. A pop shield in front of the microphone which will be cleansed before your session.
2. The microphone will also be set at a position which will ensure we are not face to face during singing and recording.
3. Please ensure you arrive on time (not early) and leave promptly to avoid unnecessary crossover with others.
4. Following government advice you will not be permitted to bring anyone to the session with you. If your child is the student you may need to pause sessions or continue/start online sessions instead.
5. We are limiting ‘footfall’ into the house and so please bring your own drinks and please avoid using our facilities (inc. toilet) where possible
6. If you have any symptoms as described by the government advice, please do not attend the session and follow the quarantine procedure. You will be asked to leave if you are displaying symptoms including:
*a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
*a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
*a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal